2: XTRONS units for Land Rover Freelander 2 (PA70DLRL and PQ70DLRL available by now) can NOT work Land Rover with a factory-installed navigation system(as it shows in the picture below) due to the Most Fiber Optic system. A fiber optic loop female connector may help to diagnose issues with the fiber circuit when you install an aftermarket radio. Please contact XTRONS customer service for further information.
This is the Most Fiber Optic Loop Female Connector:
3. XTRONS units for Land Rover Freelander 2 don’t come with radio function.
You will keep the factory radio in your Freelander 2 after installing the XTRONS unit, but the XTRONS unit might impact or disable some features including steering wheel control and factory infotainment systems, which means your steering wheel control won’t work with XTRONS head unit and XTRONS head unit won’t display the information from the factory infotainment system in your Freelander 2.
4. The XTRONS unit comes with a mini speaker, any audio played from the XTRONS head unit will come out from this mini speaker even after the unit is switched to AUX mode.
5. XTRONS unit for Freelander 2 comes with 2 harness adapters, one is with gray connector, the other one is with red connector. The type of connector you need varies by vehicle.
6. If your Freelander 2 is not equipped with factory navigation system, just use the XTRONS harness adaptors to connect your new XTRONS unit to the car’s existing connector. Use the connection diagram below:
7. . If your Freelander 2 is equipped with factory navigation system, the connection is the same as above, but you need the MOST fiber optical loop adapter and connect it as below:
8. If your new XTRONS unit won't turn on, you will need to take a multimeter and check that the YELLOW wire has a permanent 12V feed, also you will need to source an ACC feed for the RED wire, in general if your cigarette socket is only live when the ignition is on you can take the feed from cigarette socket.
If you are unsure how to connect or have any other questions, please refer to the owner’s manual or contact XTRONS support team.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest