PS66HGT google play service update

Help & Advises for XTRONS Single & Double Din
lean

PS66HGT google play service update

Postby lean » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:03 pm

Hi all,
I've bought the HU in subject (PS66HGT). Everything work great except Google Map. This is related to the impossibility to upgra the Google play service app.
That's what happen, I try to summerize.

I start the HU from scratch (tried also after a factory reset), I add my Google account and find the Google Maps app on the Play store.
Maps is installed well and I run it. I want to have my "home" and my "starred location" so when I try to sign in, I would expect to select the Google account just added onto the "account" settings.
Unfortunately it does not appear on the list (see below)
IMG_2913.jpg
IMG_2913.jpg (71.67 KiB) Viewed 189 times

Moreover a message says that Maps wont run until google play service is updated
IMG_2914.jpg
IMG_2914.jpg (70.33 KiB) Viewed 189 times

so I try to update it... it is downloaded fine, but when the system attempt to install it, it gives me error 504:
IMG_2912.jpg
IMG_2912.jpg (57.67 KiB) Viewed 189 times

surfin' on the net, I've found that the problem can be solved by deleting cache/date from app-->google store and google play service, or even removing the account. Of course I've tried with no success.
Finally I've reset to the factory again and retried from scratch. Same results.

Can someone please help me??
thanks!

kizmestar

Re: PS66HGT google play service update

Postby kizmestar » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:37 pm

Lean

This was the same issue that I had with my unit. The guys from Xtrons posted a link to a firmware update which allowed me to sync the google apps properly.

I tried to do a manual install of the google play service app before I installed the firmware.

The google play service app installed ok manually but the HU started running really slowly and was unusable really. Rolled it back to the version installed originally when I first got the unit and HU started working normally again. But not google services, firmware fixed that.

You might just be better holding out for a firmware update.

Thanks

Kizmestar

xtrons
Site Admin

Re: PS66HGT google play service update

Postby xtrons » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:34 am

Hi, Lean
Kizmestar is right.
A firmware update will help.
This is the link to the latest firmware:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjrY0uqbW_kBhHI-y2CdD_1jeCIZ

After you get the rar file, please unzip it and copy or the files onto a SD card( if your unit does not have SD card slot, please use USB instead), insert the card into GPS card slot or USB port, the update will start.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any further questions.

Kind regards

XTRONS

Return to “Head Units”