XTRONS HD929THD Installation

Pictures and Guidances on Installation
Jacky

XTRONS HD929THD Installation

Postby Jacky » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:55 am

I have recently purchased a new car and as the proud owner the only thing missing was the rear seat entertainment for my kids. Before making a purchase I did some searching to figure out the best deals from reputable merchants as I did not want to buy without knowing what to expect.
I came across the XTRONS HD929THD in-car rear seat entertainment system. This package included 2 headrests including remotes, wiring harness and all accessories needed for installation. All this for only £219.99. Here is the link so you can have a look at their offers. http://xtrons.co.uk/hd929thdblack-2-9-h ... ayers.html
The delivery was swift having ordered on a Sunday, I received the parcel on Tuesday. Straight away I was impressed with the packaging and quality of the dvd players. The instructions manual was not the clearest and I had to contact support who responded to me quickly and managed to answer all my questions. The also pointed out to me that there is a forum and having had known this, all my questions could have been answered from there.
I did end up buying the black headrests as although the leather does not match my car seats, I am still happy with the product itself and quite enjoy the contrast in appearance. The built quality is just fantastic and I am super excited with my purchase. Regarding the installation, some people may want to use the help of a professional installer, whoever I am relatively hands on and have previously fitted my own car stereos so wanted to give this a go myself. Thinking this may be useful for others, I have written down a basic step by step guide on how I have installed these to my car in the hope that this will help someone.

1. Prepare the related accessories, drive pipes and poles needed for installation

2. Remove the original headrest

3. Choose the suitable drive pipes according to the diameter of your original headrest holes. (XTRONS provides different width drive pipes to match your car’s requirements. For achieving a snug fit, you may also need some insulation tape around the drive pipe to fit for the headrest poles).

4. Install the poles to the headrest by screwing them in tightly and feeding the cable through. Please do not use too much force as this may cause the threading to crack. Now feed the cable into the holes of the seat via the plastic drive pipes that already inserted.

5. Now it is required to remove the seat panel to access the cables which have been feed into the seat on the previous step and attach them to the supplied ISO cable harness. Use insulation tape to secure the connection and avoid it becoming loose.

6. Connect the headrest to a suitable live+ and ground- wire in your vehicle. All connectors and wires need to be wrapped with insulating tape to prevent a short circuit. It is not required to connect RCA cables. Now tidy up the cables in the most suitable way, either leaving them inside or under the seat, ensuring that nothing will get entangled and keeping them out of dangers.

7. If you have installed an aftermarket head unit, and want to share the entertainment on the head unit to the headrest simultaneously, please refer to the wiring information below.

8. Another way of connecting the headrest is via the supplied plug-in cigarette lighter power cable to the cigarette lighter slot within your car. You can also purchase a dual car charging splitter if needed in order to run multiple devices at one time. The cigarette lighter splitter is adopted as shown. This method does not require a hard wiring of the headrest.

Return to “Installation Guides”