Network Setup on XTRONS Android Units

Technical Advices for Specific Questions / Functions
xtrons
Site Admin

Postby xtrons » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:30 am

You can connect to a Wi-Fi access point to connect to Internet on our Android units.

Wi-Fi Setup
Use the Wi-Fi access point for Internet connection through use of the tethering function of the smartphone.

1. Find the Wi-Fi connection in settings, the unit will search the available Wi-Fi networks automatically.
wi-fi settings-1.jpg
wi-fi settings-1.jpg (72.04 KiB) Viewed 6672 times

2. Select the correct network and input the password to complete the connection. The connection status will show “connected" after the connection is completed.
wifi-settings-2.jpg
wifi-settings-2.jpg (57.47 KiB) Viewed 6672 times

4G/ 3G Dongle Setup (4GDONG001)
This unit is designed to work with 4G/3G Dongle (sold separately). You can connect to the Internet without a smartphone

• 1、Insert sim card. Remember Wi-Fi hotspot name: 4G-UFI-XXX(please refer to SSIG on your dongle). Wi-Fi password: 1234567890.
4gdongle-1.jpg
4gdongle-1.jpg (4.31 KiB) Viewed 6672 times

4gdongle-2.jpg.png
4gdongle-2.jpg.png (38.93 KiB) Viewed 6672 times

• 2、connect the dongle with the unit via USB port
4gdongle-3.jpg.png
4gdongle-3.jpg.png (50.22 KiB) Viewed 6672 times

• 3、Enter into Wi-Fi interface, find the Wi-Fi hotspot device name, enter password:1234567890
4gdongle-4.jpg.png
4gdongle-4.jpg.png (20.51 KiB) Viewed 6672 times

4: Change the settings for 4G dongle:
Firstly, logo into this IP address for the 4G dongle:
And log in with the logins:
Username: Admin
Password: Admin

Troubleshooting for Wi-Fi connection:
1):
Note: If you are using a Samsung smartphone, please double check if you have turned off the Hide my device preference:
Enter or edit the Network name, set your Hide my device preference, select the Security type, and enter or edit the Password:
wi-fi on phone.jpg
wi-fi on phone.jpg (40.16 KiB) Viewed 6672 times

2):
Our units don’t support 5G Wi-Fi signal.
On some phones, we need to select the AP band to 2.4GHZ manually, and make sure you don’t exceed the number of devices that can join your Personal Hotspot at one time, this depends on your carrier and phone model:

wi-wi on phone 2.png
wi-wi on phone 2.png (29.18 KiB) Viewed 6672 times

3):
Normally, most of the phones allow any device to connect. But for some phones, you need to configure a list of allowed MAC addresses, allowing you to choose which devices can connect to your network.
Note: These features may not be present in all devices.
4):
Try other devices for Wi-Fi access apart from phone hotspot

Try a hard reset on the unit or run a firmware update.( connect XTRONS tech support for the details)

EthanHUnt

Re: Network Setup on XTRONS Android Units

Postby EthanHUnt » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:34 am

This thread come up as a "unanswered topic" should it not be a setup guide?

Problems with this Thread: You quote no model number, the set up you are explaining is model specific is it not? Many Android HU's you distribute have on board wifi, this thread mentions nothing about that, you start the thread with tethering and half way through the subject changes to wifi dongle set up?

Clarity required.

Hydrocilator

Postby Hydrocilator » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:41 pm

How can i set up my TE706PL to recieve 4g Bluetooth tethering from my Samsung galaxy S8?

My old Parrot Asteroid Smart had this function in the Bluetooth connection settings.

I cannot find tge setup on my new Xtrons TE706PL.

xtrons
Site Admin

Postby xtrons » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:29 pm

EthanHUnt wrote:This thread come up as a "unanswered topic" should it not be a setup guide?

Problems with this Thread: You quote no model number, the set up you are explaining is model specific is it not? Many Android HU's you distribute have on board wifi, this thread mentions nothing about that, you start the thread with tethering and half way through the subject changes to wifi dongle set up?

Clarity required.

Hi
This thread is for most of our Android units, as the wifi setting is generic.
It includes on board wifi settings and 4G dongle settings.
We appreciate your advice.
Regards
XTRONS

xtrons
Site Admin

Postby xtrons » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:30 pm

Hydrocilator wrote:How can i set up my TE706PL to recieve 4g Bluetooth tethering from my Samsung galaxy S8?

My old Parrot Asteroid Smart had this function in the Bluetooth connection settings.

I cannot find tge setup on my new Xtrons TE706PL.

Hi,
The Bluetooth tethering has been disabled on our units.
Wifi is commonly used now
Best regards
XTRONS

Hydrocilator

Postby Hydrocilator » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:07 pm

[/quote]

Hi,
The Bluetooth tethering has been disabled on our units.
Wifi is commonly used now
Best regards
XTRONS[/quote]

Thanks for the quick reply.

There appears to be a problem making a phone call using Google assistant across the xtrons range of head units, something i didn't know before I purchased and I probably would have looked elsewhere if i had of known.

What are xtrons doing to resolve this?

rustymon

Postby rustymon » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:35 am

I am moving to Xtrons from a Parrot Asteroid Smart as well, and I really appreciated the Bluetooth tethering - as soon as the phone connected via Bluetooth the head unit had internet access. I'd second the request for Bluetooth tethering in a future update.

In order to get internet going on my Xtrons unit now I have to open my iPhone, go into settings, then show personal hotspot window... then finally I can connect. What a pain! I'd love a simple, no hassle way to share the internet from my phone with the head unit.

ALSO, is there a way to use USB tethering? If I connect my phone into my laptop, it instantly uses the phone internet connection... I've tried this with my Xtrons and it doesn't seem to work that way either... I wish it did. Are there some settings to allow this?

Return to “Technical Advises”